Monday, July 9, 2012

Ah, Naptime!

Note: I didn't feel like this was finished, but I just looked at how long it was and that I hadn't published it yet (today is 7/19) and I decided I just needed to throw it up!

So, usually I get this updated while Josiah is napping in the afternoon. (Morning naps are for chores!) Only for the last week or two, Josiah's been trying to switch to one nap a day. IF he takes a morning nap, it's super short. Because of that, I've been having a hard time juggling things. Oh, and I have been needing an afternoon nap, so even if I DO get work done in the morning, instead of writing I've been napping. And I still feel tired all the time! I hope this passes with the first trimester! (ie - soon!)

At Daryn's last WW meeting on June 28, he had re-lost all the weight he'd gained plus a little more. He's quite sure it's because he went swimming once that week. He's been swimming at least once a week since then - maybe even twice. The pool that has space for him to have his own lane is $3/visit and the pool that's overcrowded is $1/visit (wonder why...) but if he's going to go every day we might as well get him a pass to a gym with a pool. I'm hoping to adjust the budget a little more to make that happen. Anyway - Daryn's basically been in the program for 2 months and has lost a little more than 15 lbs. I'm hoping the increased exercise this month will help increase that a great deal and inspire him to focus more on inputting his points every day again. I still feel like this is a good investment for now.

GREAT news! My Dad finally has a job. I am super happy for him and my family. Sad part is, it's even further away than before. They are moving to Coos Bay, Oregon. I just keep telling myself it will be a great place to visit. Better start saving now! I know that they're all sad to be leaving Utah - they had a great ward and great friends there, but we are all happy that Dad finally has work.

Josiah is getting 2 more teeth. Also, he's really good at going out the dog door into the back yard, climbing on and getting into everything. Our kitchen chairs fold up, and boy am I glad that they do! We only set them up when we're actually going to sit on them, or else Josiah is there, trying to crack his skull by climbing up and trying to reach the next highest level of furniture to climb on (table, counter etc). When he goes outside, he'll often look back inside and wait for me to come after him - then he runs away to the sandbox. I'm trying to decide if he's waiting to get my attention so I'll follow and hopefully take the lid off the sandbox, or if he's taunting me. It's quite possibly both.

Rebekah is my little sweetheart. Since Jeanette's visit, she's helped me wash dishes multiple times, and I've been working on giving her more responsibility around the house. She is constantly telling me that she loves me. It makes me so happy! Most of the time she is very obedient, and the tantrums from last summer are not nearly so bad this summer. She does get very dramatic, though. Pretty much any disappointment results in tears - they just don't last nearly long enough to consider it a tantrum. Rebekah loves to help - especially cooking. Also, for the last couple days, she's wanted to cuddle with me a lot. She took a nap in my arms the other day, and last night she was begging for me to sleep in her room. I stayed in her room while I put Josiah to sleep, and then I let her sit in my lap while I watched a TV show. She fell asleep and I put her back in bed. I don't normally do that, but I just felt impressed that she really needed some Mommy time, and I need to make sure that I'm making time to do things with her. She needs to feel loved!

We haven't had ballet for the last 2 weeks, and we didn't have any activities last week (gym, ballet and swim were all on break b/c of the holiday) so today started the 2nd half of summer activities for us. I think Bekah is a little disappointed that she has a new swim teacher. She hung her head and pouted at the beginning of lessons. It looked like she had a good time, but at the end she told me she didn't like the new teacher because she got the rules "wrong." So we had a conversation about how different teachers can have different rules, but the class can still be fun and we can be happy. She seemed okay with that, but I can tell she still wants her old teacher.

I mentioned at the beginning how tired I've been lately. The nausea seems to come and go depending on the day. Of course I have to eat every few hours, but some days are better than others when it comes to feeling better. The last week or two has not been kind on that front (and if gender effects how well my pregnancy goes, I think we're having another boy). In fact, I've had a lot of trouble keeping up on the house work, and it's gotten to a point of being overwhelming. Have you noticed that tempers spark more easily in a dirty home? I have! So, last night I called my visiting teacher and asked if she would be willing to come help me catch up on some chores today. It seriously feels so weird to do that - it makes me feel rather inadequate, but I need to put my family's happiness and well being before my pride. Plus, asking for help just means that next time I'll be that much more determined and motivated to keep my house from getting gross so I can avoid it! At least I hope so. I am SO happy that I have a VT who is so willing to help me with things like this. We didn't start out very close, but I've grown to love and appreciate her for who she is!

A little run down of what's been going on around the house since last I posted:
June 27th was the first Wednesday of no ballet, so Rebekah ended up napping before gymnastics and woke up super cranky. She did NOT want to go!

June 29th I was supposed to go to the midwife but didn't because they had so many babies come that day that they didn't have time for all of their appointments. I got rescheduled for July 10, and even then they had to rearrange some schedules to fit me in! (Since it's the first appointment of this pregnancy, it will last longer than most other appointments.) I also played my first soccer game in 7 months and did much better than I thought, but was definitely sore the rest of the weekend! We tied the game, and Daryn did a great job taking care of the kids AND playing with our nephews and niece while Kati and I were on the field.

Last week was pretty crazy with 4th of July being in the very middle of it! We had a pancake breakfast with the ward, then a BBQ lunch with the Strattons and BBQ dinner and games with the Doucets. It was a BLAST. Then Thursday Daryn had his friend Abe over to help us with the truck, which took way less time than we thought it would, so he called his wife and kid over and we played a game of Shadows Over Camelot. Friday was soccer again - this time up in Marana. The family didn't come with me this time, since it was a 6pm game (super hot out) and Kati's family wasn't going to be there to play with.

The truck.

The Book of Mormon. (Father's Day) Going to the Temple.

I have way more to catch up on than I thought!

Also... I need to post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment