Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A whole jumble of thoughts

It occurs to me that if I would choose a specific topic for every post, I'd always have a title. But since I treat this more like I journal that will be difficult!

Rebekah is doing very well in ballet, gym and swim. We switched to the county pool because they are the only place that offers lessons at 9 am and I am loving the change despite the cost difference. Not only do we now have lessons at a decent time, this teacher seems to be more skilled and knowledgeable in her craft and that makes me very happy! Plus, some of the other women in my ward bring their daughters at the same time so I have friends to talk with.

Daryn's WW has hit a small snag. He's been a bit more lax in tracking food and we as a family have not been as careful about our meal planning, so we've eaten out more or fallen back on quick and less healthy dinner options. So he's gained back some of his weight, but we'll fix that! Yesterday we went to a YMCA for Family Night - it was only $1 to get the whole family in. They have a great kids pool that you can walk straight into and it gradually gets deeper (think beach front - no steps) and that was a great place for me to sit with the kids while Daryn did laps. Then he joined us and we all played together for a while and Rebekah got to show off what she's been doing in swim - she can almost float on her own! - to Daryn, who hasn't seen her at lessons. When we were getting ready to go, Daryn went and did a few more laps on his own. I'm sending him back to the pool tonight, but I think we'll only go as a family once or twice a week. Every night is too much for me right now.

Poor Josiah had a rough weekend. We went to see Brave (great movie!) with some friends and Josiah threw up in the middle of the movie. I thought maybe he had gagged on a piece of a PB M&M I gave him, so we went ahead and took the kids to the park for 30 min after the movie and then proceeded to Golden Corral for a great dinner. Everyone had just gotten situated with their food when Josiah threw up again, and this time he'd only had breastmilk and water. :( Both times he got sick I had to take him into the bathroom, strip off his clothes and then bathe him and wash his clothes in the sink. Thank goodness I had a spare set of clothes in the diaper bag! I just wish I'd has 2 spare sets! So poor little guy had to ride home in just a diaper. I was supposed to start playing soccer again that night, but I didn't go so I could take care of Josiah for the night. Thankfully he didn't throw up again, but he still wasn't feeling great the next day.

Saturday he had a well-child check-up and the poor guy had 4 shots AND a TB test! I'm pretty sure that's what caused his fever late Sat night/early Sun morning, but I didn't want to risk the health of my fellow church -goers on that, so he and I stayed home while Daryn took Bekah to church. I wish I could say I got some extra rest staying home from church, but my poor guy just wanted to be held and nurse the whole time.

Speaking of nursing: I am physically and emotionally ready to wean Josiah. I feel bad, since I nursed Bekah 'til she was almost 2 and I loved it the whole time (okay, well, most of the time!) but being pregnant now, I think it's just too draining on me! We had cut back to just 3 times a day and once at night (morning nap, afternoon nap, bedtime, midnight snack) but since he was sick this weekend now he wants to nurse all the time! Plus, he's starting to change his nap times (I don't keep him on a strict schedule, but he mostly feel into one so I have a rough idea of when he'll want to nap) so I'll try to nurse him and he wont go to sleep so I'll have to nurse him again later to get him to sleep. This has more than doubled the number of times I nurse him! I really wouldn't mind so much if I didn't feel like I need every ounce of energy to just barely get by for the day. I am not getting chores done in a timely manner at all, and it's effecting all of us! :( (Hence the eating out and Daryn not losing weight!) Plus, Josiah's waking up 2-3 times at night again, and that is killing my sleep.

I don't want you to think that I'm miserable. I really am happy! I love my husband - who, BTW, just got a raise at work and an on paper promotion that makes him more eligible to move up in the company - and my kids are such a joy. I feel like I shouldn't even be complaining, because there's nothing really *wrong,* but I'm just so darn tired! And that makes everything take 100x more effort than it should. :p

Right now we have Rebekah's friend over to play. They haven't had a play date in a while, and they're having fun. :) Bekah asks pretty much every day to have a friend come over or go to a friend's house. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not doing enough to keep her happy/entertained, but she's really just a very gregarious  and active girl and she LOVES to meet people and play with people - not just Mom and brother.

Brothers. Right, so I feel nauseous EVERY DAY but can't throw up. That's how I felt through almost all of Josiah's pregnancy. So, maybe I'm having a boy! Only time will tell! A consistency with all my pregnancies, though: I crave meat, eggs and cheese like nobody's business! With Bekah I would eat grilled ham and cheese for every meal if I could, and with Josiah I couldn't have enough eggs - usually scrambled, always with cheese and often between two slices of buttered toast. With this pregnancy, I've eaten both in large quantities and I'm really not that far along.

BTW, Rebekah is convinced we are having a girl. When we suggest that maybe it's a boy she either says, "Well maybe it's a girl" or "Maybe we'll have BOTH!" Also, she told us she likes the name Ella. She said this a couple times, but when I tried to reproduce the statement for others, she changed it to Annie. Given a choice between the two, she chose Ella.

No comments:

Post a Comment