Sunday, July 29, 2012

Brelee and Birthdays

The last week of July, Daryn asked for Wednesday off because Rebekah was supposed to have her last ballet and gymnastics classes, and that's the class the parents get to come in with the kids and watch them perform. Well, he decided to ask for that Thursday off, too, and turn it into a nice little vacation.

Because ballet was cancelled one week, though, there was a make-up class the first week of Aug, so Daryn didn't get to sit in for ballet. After ballet, we took the kids to the mall (not the one we usually go to) and had a nice picnic lunch that we had packed supplemented with a big Jamba Juice (yum!). After that was gymnastics, which was super cute. And that night, my sister brought over her daughter Brelee, and she stayed with us until Saturday night!

Thursday Daryn played D&D with some friends, and Friday I babysat a friend's daughter, so I had 3 little girls for part of the day. That night we went to soccer and it was cute when Brelee saw her brother with another family (my sister sent the kids to different houses while she drove up to Utah and back for my brother-in-laws bike race). Poor Brelee was SO sad at the end of the game when we had to leave Nathan. She told me she wanted to go to the other family's house. I reassured her that her mom was coming back the next day and she'd see all her brothers then. We also cheered her up with some ice cream, in honor of Bekah's birthday.

Saturday was Bekah's actual birthday. We made French Toast for breakfast, and took the girls to the mall to play. Bekah wanted a big cookie from Mrs. Fields so we got her one that she and Brelee could share. It was only a 5 in diameter cookie but it had tons of frosting and the girls loved it. :)

I feel bad I didn't take more pictures of the girls playing together. For the most part they cycled from the My Little Ponies to the dress ups to playing in the sandbox and back around. We had a great time and Rebekah was VERY sad when she woke up Sunday and Brelee had gone home. We love having my sister and her family so close by - cousins are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment