Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just Life

(Written Aug 16th)

The afternoon/evening of Bekah's party, Daryn went to Ft. Huachuca to have one last great visit with our friend Merrick, since he's moving to New York. We're going to miss him and Priscilla visiting! We know we'll see them in November for their Vow Renewal, but after that, who knows? Good thing they have plenty of friends in AZ to entice them back during vacation time. (I hope!)

July 15th I taught Sunbeams. I enjoy teaching them. Sometimes I get frustrated with Bekah being so clingy but for the most part their sweet spirits are just awesome to be with, and I can really feel the Spirit when I teach them the simple, beautiful truths we share with such young hearts. It probably helps that I'm pregnant, but I cry pretty much every time I bear them my testimony, even though it's about 3 sentences long.

Monday after swim I dropped the kids off with my friend Michelle - Josiah decided recently that he really likes her, so he doesn't cry and scream for her - and I went to get a sonogram to double check my due date. We are officially due January 29. I'd share the sono pictures, but I haven't scanned them into the computer. On my way home I dropped by to meet the newest Stratton, and that was nice. I love little babies! So cute!

Tuesday was swim, and grocery shopping and a trip to the mall play area with Michelle and her daughter Heather. Wednesday was swim, ballet, a visit with the Strattons for the girls to play together, then gymnastics. Thursday was that crazy rough day I wrote about in my last post. Daryn was invited to go out with friends that night, but he cancelled to stay home with me. He is such a great guy, and knows when I need him! (Most of the time. :P He's not a mind reader!) Later that night, though, he went to Ft Huachuca to help our friends pack up their moving truck. Apparently a few too many people bailed on helping them pack and they weren't going to get it done in a timely manner. Daryn is such a great friend. :D He re-packed some of the truck so it would all fit better, and they even had room left over at the end. Then he headed back home and slept a good deal of the morning before getting his Friday going.

Friday was tough because Daryn went camping with the Scouts and I had an 8:40pm game on the other side of town. Michelle was great to babysit my kids again, but Josiah took a late nap so he was definitely giving everyone trouble. Even though I was bummed, it turned out for the best when we were rained out after 15-20 minutes of playing our game, so I could go and pick up my babies and my friends could get some sleep!

July 22 we went to Binghampton Ward to see the Strattons bless their son, Guage. (Not to be confused with Gage, my friend Tiffany's son!) Then we invited everyone to our place for delicious food and good company. That week we also fed the missionaries, and then we had a fun second half of the week, which deserves it's own post because it has video and photos. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment