Friday, July 13, 2012

Timing is Everything

(Written Aug 16)

The second week of July was QUITE eventful! I don't know if I'm complained about Insurance on the blog before, but the insurance claim involving Josiah's birth at the birthing center over a year ago was FINALLY settled, and I only had to pay a fraction of what I've been putting aside, so now I have a nice little nest egg to pay for the next birth! : D (And we have better insurance this time, and I already have saved up more than I had to pay last time, so I think we're all set!) That seriously makes me so excited. I'm really happy that I stuck to my savings plan even when it was tempting to spend the money on other things. Now we're a little ahead, and I can continue to place money aside (but not so aggressively!) for medical emergencies and feel prepared. I can also take a portion of it and save for a few other things. Yay for planning! (And for bills being smaller than expected!)

The same day I got the letter that settled the insurance claim, I went to my first appointment with the midwife and heard my newest baby's heartbeat. I'm measuring exactly where I should, heartbeat was healthy, and everything is going well.

Then, that afternoon, I got a phone call. Daryn had fixed the truck the week before and gotten it to pass emissions so he had listed it on craigslist. The man calling wanted to buy the truck RIGHT THEN. He couldn't wait until Daryn got home from work because it was his birthday and they had reservations at a restaurant with his extended family, and he had to go to bed right after that because he gets up very early for work in the morning, and he needed the truck that next morning to get to work. I chatted with Daryn online to discuss what I should do, but we eventually decided it was okay to sell it to this guy. SO, we sold the truck!

I think part of the reason we managed to sell the truck was that I planned a trip to Phoenix! Haha. I was going to leave Wednesday afternoon, but instead waited for Daryn to finish work because I had to give him a ride there and back. Then I slept at my in-laws.

So here's the thing. I planned my trip to Phoenix to last for 2+ days because my mom was in town. I specifically chose not to tell my girlfriends I was there because I wanted to focus on spending time with my mom. After all, my dad had started his job in Oregon that Monday, and Mom was going to join him with my two youngest siblings in a few weeks; this was the last time I would see her for a LONG time! So I was very excited she was in town and wanted to spend all my time with her.

Except, when I called Thursday morning to ask if Mom was up and ready to visit with me (she was staying at my brother's and helping him with his kids while his wife was on book tour) she said, "Yeah, your father and I are both up."

Wha....?

Well, it turns out that Dad felt strongly about coming to Phoenix, so now he has a job in Phoenix and my family has moved back to town! They'll be staying with my brother for a while, but I'm just so excited that they're back in town! So that was a fun surprise. I did some shopping with my mom that afternoon for a wedding gift and for some odds and ends for Bekah's birthday party.

Friday we spent the morning with my parents, and that afternoon I headed home. I actually invited Jeanette to join me, and she took us up on the offer. :) She came and stayed the night, and went home with Gary the next day after the birthday party. Which, I will put into a different post so I can add pictures someday. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment