Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday Report

Daryn lost 2.6 pounds this week. So he is at a total of 15 lbs lost in the last 6 weeks! I am SO happy he's working on this. He says he doesn't feel very different yet, but I'm sure that will come. He still has a long way to go, but I'm sure he can do it this time. :)

Today we signed Rebekah up for swim lessons. A few things I learned: Even though the Parks and Rec books SAYS Mon-Fri, some pools are closed Mon and some Fri, so the actual classes are only 4 days a week, not 5 like I thought. (Remember, the county pool was 4 days a week.) Jacobs pool DOES give lessons. I thought they didn't. They're closer to me, but they're open T-F. This wouldn't be an issue except neither Jacobs nor Amphi has 9am lessons for beginners, just 930. Since Rebekah's ballet class is at 10 on Wednesdays, I had to go with an evening class: 5-530. I could have done that at Jacobs, but I didn't want her to have a swim lesson Friday evening - since Daryn has that day off, we could leave much earlier in the day if Bekah didn't have swim that night. So, I went with Amphi, which has classes M-R.

Funny enough, I managed to pre-register for sessions 3 and 4 and it turns out Amphi won't offer lessons then! They are hosting a really big tournament or something, so... thank goodness Jacob's pool offers lessons! Hopefully they'll have a time slot available that works better with our schedule later in the summer.

Also, when I invited one of Rebekah's friends to play this week, her dad told me that all she has is swim lessons at 9, so she might be able to come over. Turns out she's going to the county pool. Now I'm feeling like the extra money would have been good (it's still a good deal for 8 lessons!) to spend on taking her to county, getting 9 am classes like I wanted AND having a friend of hers in class with her. Oh well. It's only for 2 weeks and then I can re-assess. (Note to self: call county pool about registration for next session...)

Rebekah was a little upset that we didn't bring our swim suits to the pool, but I reassured her she would get to go swimming plenty in the next few weeks. I hope she likes swim as much as ballet and gym!

Also,  I posted a little status update on facebook that said Josiah knows how to open an Oreo and everyone liked it, so here's a video of my 1 year old opening an Oreo. No one showed him - he just knew how!




No comments:

Post a Comment