Friday, May 11, 2012

Josiah's birthday Part 3

For Josiah's ACTUAL birthday this year, I gave him his first haircut. I've never cut hair before - Rebekah still has not gotten a haircut and she'll be 4 soon!

I polled Facebook for some tips, and then did the best I could. Daryn wasn't home that night, so it was just me, Josiah and a pair of scissors! He did pretty well, and I didn't nick him even once! :)


Before:






After:
 



The next day we went to the zoo. Daryn came with us (hooray for those new Fridays off!) and I realized it's the first time we've been to the zoo as just OUR family. It was pretty great! After the zoo we stopped at the library. What a fun day!


 We got SO up close to SO many of the animals this trip! :)





When we were looking at the Rhino, there were some people next to us who said they didn't see it. It was so funny! You see him, don't you?



This polar bear, Snow, is relatively new at the zoo. The last polar bear died and it took a while to get a new one. Snow is not used to Tucson yet and this is the only time we've gone to the zoo and she was out where people could see her.





This was SO cool! This is a tiny little side window and the Lioness was chilling in the shade. We've never been so close before!




No comments:

Post a Comment