Monday, June 4, 2012

First day of swim lessons!

This last weekend we went to Daryn's sister Renee's house  house for a super party. MacKenzie turned 12, Shane graduated from 8th grade and Clinton became a journeyman at work. It was a very fun party and Rebekah loved playing in the pool with Daryn. I feel a little silly for not taking pictures, but oh well. I'm sure Jeanette has some great ones to share with me. :)

After that we high-tailed it back to Tucson for a birthday party for our friend Maggie. She's married to Arjay, who went to classes at NAU distance with Daryn. Funny connection:

I know a guy named Clay from my first year at UA - before he or I were married. Clay married Candice. Candice is Arjay's sister. Also, when Daryn and I moved back to Tucson, we were in a ward with Tania. Tania is Clay's sister. We met all 3 couples independent of one another, but it didn't take long to connect the dots! And now Clay and Candice live in MY sister's ward.

Back to this week, though. The party was great - Arjay make it a surprise party and got a ton of people to come. I'm not surprised because Maggie is such a sweet person. It's a bummer they're pretty far on the other side of town because their daughter Ali is only a few months younger than Rebekah and those two were ADORABLE playing together. Rebekah loves to play and make new friends! Also, their son is just 2 months older than Josiah. It's interesting that having kids the same age gives you so much in common!

Hm - something I didn't talk about when I wrote about Rebekah's classes: When we got to the ballet class and were waiting for the teacher, Rebekah went up to every girl and said, "Hi! I'm Rebekah. What's your name?" and held out her hand to shake theirs. It was precious. Some of the girls answered and shook her hand, but most of them were so shy (this is a class for 3-5 year olds) that they just buried their face in their mom's leg until Rebekah moved on to her next victim/friend. When she'd said hi to everyone, she went back around saying, "I'm a ballerina! Are you a ballerina?" This time she at least got head nods.

Let's see... I've been teaching Sunbeams a few weeks in a row now - I have a partner, but she's out of town. Before she left she offered to teach a couple weeks in a row, and I took her up on it because I was in Phoenix a couple times in that timeframe. Now it's my turn! I have 6 girls and 1 boy if they all come, but we're usually 1 or 2 shy. They're good kids - 2 of them have a few issues, but nothing that can't be handled. For some reason, lately Rebekah will cry and say she doesn't want to go when I talk about church, but she always has a wonderful time when we get there!

The next few weekends are FULL of activities, but we'll see how many I make it to: most of them are in Phoenix, and we're trying to cut back on trips up there - something we are rarely successful at! I know my friends understand if I don't make it to their parties, but I sure do love seeing them!

This evening is Rebekah's first swim lesson. It's 30 minutes long. I'll post some pictures or video later tonight.

I just want to say how excited I am that I've had so much time to catch up today! I've added pictures and videos to past posts, and the kids have been really good! I also cleaned Rebekah's room, got most of the dishes done, I'm working on some laundry, and now I get to go cook dinner.

I have ONE MORE fun post to share. Hopefully it will be up soon because it's a pretty great one. ;)


Practicing different kinds of kicks








Getting in and out of the pool from the wall (practiced on the ladder earlier).



Floating on her back





No comments:

Post a Comment