Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fun Purchases

After our hard work Friday morning, we did a little shopping in the afternoon and just relaxed that evening. One of our shopping stops was Lowe's for some tools for Daryn. While we were there, I saw a big black floppy hat. Normally I wouldn't be so into it, but when my friend Priscilla helped me pick out my current swim suit, she insisted that it would look best with a pair of overly large sun glasses and a large floppy black hat ala Audrey Hepburn. So, I bought it. I'll be out in the sun a lot this summer (zoo pass, splash pad, etc) so I figured, why not? Also, the sales clerk assured me that it doesn't absorb heat enough to be concerned it would be too hot. We'll see how that holds out.

Oh! So the tools Daryn bought - he's such a resourceful man! He needs something to do during his off time at work, but doesn't want to take a book because he's frequently interrupted (you know, by actual work) and can't immerse himself in the story. So, he's decided to take up rope work again and needed something to act as a needle to pull his nylon ropes through while working with them. He bought aluminum post screws and then altered them by cutting of the end that isn't the screw, and then filing that end down so it's rounded almost to a point (but not at all sharp). He explained to me that the cord gets pinned into the post with the screw piece and that it holds very well. When being used, it looks like this. In fact, the link I just put there is to the website of "the" paracord blogger of the internet. Everyone gets ideas from him and references his stuff, according to Daryn. I'm interested to see Daryn do more work. When we were dating he made me a bracelet out of nylon rope like this, and later a rope "ladder" that had pencils for steps. It is super cute and I still have it. :) He's going to make me and a few of our friends some dice bags, and probably some rope jewelry for Rebekah.

Saturday, we went to the store again partly because I just wanted to get out of the house and partly because we needed to buy Rebekah some leotards! BUT, I will put a separate post up about that exciting news. I'm pretty sure I haven't detailed that yet.

Also on Saturday, Daryn took the truck to get the emissions checked, but things didn't work out. We have a check engine light on because of O2 sensors, and we had hte light turned off but apparently we did it too recently before getting it to emissions because the sensors weren't reset for the test to read anything. So, we have to go back later. I'm so not happy because 2 cars will make this summer MUCH more pleasant (mainly because of the above paragraph I'm going to expand on in another post) and the tags on the truck can't be renewed (they expire this month) until it passes emissions! Cross your fingers everyone - this truck is such a pain in the neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment