Friday, May 25, 2012

Recent Goings On

First things first: Daryn lost 1.6 pounds this week. :) I think if we put in some exercise, we can boost those numbers a little bit more, but he's still losing, and that's what we need.

Last night, Josiah only woke up 3 times, but I was already in bed by the first time he woke up. I'm still trying to get over a cold that I came down with last week, and even though I've been really good about putt Josiah in his own bed lately, I just let him in our bed last night. BEST sleep I've had in weeks, if not longer!

Oh, if I hadn't mentioned it, I took down the crib a few weeks ago. We never used it anyway. I mostly just threw things in it that I didn't want Josiah to get a hold of (Bekah knows how to climb in and out). We have 3 child sized (crib sized) mattresses - 1 on Bekah's Princess bed, 1 from Daryn's sister Renee, and 1 that came with the free wooden toddler bed that Daryn's dad found on craigslist for us.

So for the last 2 months or so, I've been lying on one of those mattresses on the floor with Josiah and getting him to fall asleep, then I just get up and go to bed. When he wakes up at night he just walks or crawls into my room (sometimes crying, sometimes not) and wakes me, and we repeat the process. It's not really that different from when he was in a bassinet when he was very small, and better than when I'd sit on the couch to nurse him in the night, so I am getting plenty of sleep (albeit, not all at once), I like that I can lay down with him. Sometimes I fall asleep before he does, but most of the time I'm able to get back into my bed.

This morning, Rebekah got me up at 6 (pretty typical these days, even though we have "blackout" curtains in their bedroom) and Josiah woke about 30 minutes later. I was very happy that Daryn was up by 7 (he tries to sleep in on his days off and I don't blame him) so we were all up and ready to get working! I let Daryn know I wanted to work outside, so the sooner he was ready to work, the sooner we'd be finished and hopefully we could avoid having it get too hot outside.

So this morning we managed to:
clean up dog dirt, wash the kids table (pigeons pooped on it), wash the kids wagon, empty the water side of the kids water/sand table of sand to put water in it (we make it an all sand table in the winter), move a LARGE chair from the shed to the house, put infant toys in the shed, clean up some camping gear and put it in the shed, dispose of a washing machine, remove all trash from the back yard and break down/throw out cardboard boxes that we've been piling on our porch, and then wash off the back porch

During all of that, Rebekah and Josiah had a blast outside. Since Josiah's only recently learned to walk, it was his first time being allowed to roam freely outside. At first he wanted to follow me and Daryn around everywhere, and he tried to hold our tools - especially the shovel. (When he's inside he's super proud of himself when he gets to carry around the broom.) But eventually I got him to play on the slide and he loved it! He's been down it before, but now he can consciously initiate sliding down by himself. The stairs on it are a little too narrow for him to climb up, so I still have to put him on top, though. We also let the kids play with the sand and water table, so Josiah got soaked and by the end of the work time he was super muddy from running around (and falling down) in our dirt yard! I fell a little bad, I forgot to get a picture of him all dirtied up before I stripped him down and gave him a bath. BUT! I do have pictures of him playing with the shovel.


One of Rebekah's outfits that she put together herself. :)






Hooray sandbox!



Later that day - he was SO tired! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment