Sunday, August 9, 2009

Accomplishments

These last 2 weeks, Rebekah has really taken the whole walking idea to heart. She is getting better and better, and it's SO cute! I'm also amused by how much she enjoys wearing shoes. She has a pair of pink shoes that she even pulled out of her laundry bin and brought to me to have me put them on her feet.

On Aug 5 Rebekah added another sign to her vocabulary! She's been able to sign "milk" for a long time, and "dog" since probably May. I think she even has her own little versions of "bird" and "dad," but she just now learned "more." It was very cute because we were at a Baby Shower, and they had Eegee's there. Rebekah REALLY wanted more, so I kept signing "more" to her every time I gave her a bite (I've done this before w/o a response). Then suddenly she started signing it back to me! Now she signs it whenever she wants anything food related (she used to sign "milk" for anything food related). I like this because now I know if she really wants to nurse, or she just wants to eat because I'm eating, or because she's hungry. (I know, it doesn't quite make sense, but if you saw her, you'd understand.) For her vocal vocabulary, Rebekah says "Hi" "Bye" "dog" (her first word) and "Da". She's also said "Papa" and "Gigi" but have not repeated them very much - mostly she calls Gigi "dog" because Gigi has a pet cat, and to Rebekah, cats are dogs. :) But, she does recognize that birds are different and makes a "b" sound when looking at Stevie, my mom's bird.

Rebekah is SO cute when you want to play Peek-a-boo. She tries to cover her eyes, but her hands don't always make it there, so she'll have her hands on her cheeks, or the side of her head, or 1/2 way over her eyes, with her fingers spread so she can peek at you. If you're playing by hiding behind an object, Rebekah will get so excited that she'll swing her body back and forth so quickly in and out from behind the object that you can't even say "Peek!" before she's gone and back again.

Rebekah loves to play with her ball, and anything that lights up and makes lots of noise. Lately she's been climbing on everything, to the point that I have to watch her around my computer. She's finding out that if she climbs, she has access to more stuff! (Fun stuff that Mommy plays with - so it's got to be great, right?) She'll even settle for standing on a mostly flat toy that gives her just an inch or two - it's all she needs to reach one extra shelf on the bookcase. (A not baby-proofed shelf... time to rearrange!)

I have a list of other milestones Rebekah has reached, but they're with my scrapbooking stuff in Rebekah's room, where she's sleeping. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment