Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Six Years Ago Today...

I got a call from a high school buddy. He had just gotten home for Scout Camp that weekend, and wanted to know if I would like to come over to his house and watch a movie. My mom said it was okay, so I got cleaned up and even put some make-up on, then rode my bike the .8 of a mile between our houses. It got up to 109 degrees that day, but I rode my bike anyway! I had been waiting to go on an official date with this boy since we were 14, and now I was a mere 3 months away from turning 17.

We watched the movie "A Walk In the Clouds." If you haven't seen it, you should. It's probably one of the best performances by Keanu Reeves.

The details of our movie watching experience are not as sharp now, but I will always remember that day. This day, six years ago, when I went on my very first date with my wonderful husband, Daryn.

This August we will have known each other for 10 years. Started dating 6 years ago. Got married 2 1/2 years ago. Sealed in the Temple just under 2 years ago. Had our amazing daughter 1 year ago. And we're only 22.

I look forward to the magical moments we'll get to have together for the rest of our lives, and into eternity.

I love you, Daryn!


8th Grade Promotion - May 2001
My 17th Birthday - October 7, 2003
Daryn's Baptism - September 1, 2006

Our Wedding - December 30, 2006
Family Picture - December 2007Rebekah joins the Family - July 28, 2008

Family Picture - June 28, 2009

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Liz has a blog! :) Love the pics over the years, what fun to reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad u blog!! great post...lv looking at the pics from the past yrs....cant wait til sat...cant believe she is one already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You joined the blogging world. Can't wait to read about your adventures. Fun pics!

    ReplyDelete