Sunday, July 12, 2009

Forgetfulness

This last week was full of activity!

I have a lot of Chemistry homework, but put it off to go to my sister's house on Thursday. We made bows for Rebekah and I practiced decorating a cake (which, BTW, Kati, I should have left for your family b/c we can't eat it fast enough). I don't have pictures, but I will - I promise!

Thursday night we had a some good friends, Sy and Anita, from the ward over for dinner. Daryn made some delicious steaks and Rebekah had fun playing with Rio (about 6 months older) and Gabriel (about 9 months younger).

After that we rushed off to Phoenix. Friday was the last day that my sister, Amy, was in town so I was really looking forward to spending time with her family. Plus, I bought tickets for Wicked months ago and Friday was the night to finally go see the show! On top of that, we had a birthday party for Rebekah on Saturday with our families. So, I was pretty excited!

We got to Phoenix at about 1:30 Friday morning and crashed at my in-laws. Later that day, on our way to my parents house I realized something AWFUL!

I forgot the $500 worth of tickets to Wicked at my apartment in Tucson.

We got to my parents and I frantically searched the internet for the phone number to Gammage. Found it, called it, and got the message saying "Box office is open Monday - Thrusday. Also open in PERSON Friday b/c of Wicked." Or something along those lines.

I felt SO awful, and Daryn drove all the way home to go find my tickets for me. While he was there, I called again and asked him to grab Rebekah's swimsuit - which I forgot - and the cake mix - which I forgot - and to look around for Rebekah's hat and sunglasses - which I thought I forgot. (But the hat was in the laundry and the glasses were in the diaperbag.)

I Forgot to ask him to grab our camera and video camera. I also forgot to have him get Rebekah's headband - the one that was made to clip cute little bows onto. You know, the bows that I worked so hard on at Kati's on Thursday so they would be ready to wear for the party on Saturday.

Seriously, I forgot EVERYTHING! It was really sad.

But my awesome hubby saved me, and I really enjoyed Wicked, and everyone had fun at the Birthday party (I think). We borrowed my brother's video camera, and lots of family members had their cameras so I just need to wait for them all to get back to me with pictures of this weekend.

In the mean time, I'm off to enjoy my last Sunday as the Primary Chorister, and then I'll be doing a TON of Chemistry homework. Let's just hope I haven't forgotten anything else!

EDIT: Pictures from Wicked. Thanks Heidi! :)

Wow, that picture makes my head look big.

1 comment:

  1. u sound like me!! haha i am mrs forgetfull too...hw sweet of daren...gotta lv the hubbies...sat ws fun...it ws so fun seeing the kids all together..i tagged u in pics of rebekah but i can email too if ud like jst send me ur email! :)

    ReplyDelete