Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference Weekend

General Conference was particularly AWESOME this year! That's because my Grandma and Grandpa Newcomb stopped to see us while they were on their way home from their 2 year mission! Pretty much the last time we saw them was when we got sealed in the Temple (which, I'm pretty sure they put off turning in their papers so they could be there for us - we are so loved).

So, they got to meet their great-granddaughter and spend the weekend with us. :) Grandpa took us out to dinner to celebrate my winning the Rodel Foundation Promising Student Teacher Award. (oh, BTW, did I tell you that I get a $1000 scholarship for next semester? That's really good b/c my academic scholarship has been used up, since I'm in my 5 year of college.) And then Saturday evening we went to Kati's, and the guys went to Priesthood session together, and afterwords we had pizza. Yum!

Sunday we went over to Kati's for lunch and the afternoon session, and had brownies to celebrate my birthday. :)

AND, I'm a total loser because I didn't get a single picture with my camera! BUT - I know Kati did! :) I love you sister. The next time I come over (not soccer, we have to leave right after the game this Friday) I'm going to need to raid your pictures again: For the birthday pictures I didn't have space for last time, and pictures with the Newcombs. Thanks!

EDIT: Kati rocks and e-mailed me these:


Anyway, we had a LOVELY time with my grandparents, and I'm so glad they stayed to visit with us for a while. Daryn particularly enjoyed talking with Grandpa - they have so much in common! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment