Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Birthday!

So, after the Newcombs left, Jeanette came down for a visit. She was out of town when we went up to Phoenix for Ben's wedding, so she hadn't gotten her usual monthly visit with Rebekah.

While she was here (Mon and Tues), I took the opportunity to go to the library for about 5 hours and find all the books I needed for my research papers I'm writing this semester. Daryn took me shopping for my birthday present - a new mop! lol. It was a very nice and expensive steamer mop, the Shark. I love it! We bought dinner at Chick-fil'a, one of my favorite fast food restaurants (I got to pick between a more expensive gift and a cheap dinner, or a less expensive gift and dinner at a real restaurant) and then we had Jeanette and Rebekah join us for dessert at Claim Jumper! :) We LOVE to get their Ice Cream Sandwhich made with Heath Bar cookies, and topped with FUDGE and CARAMEL! YUM!

As always, Jeanette was a huge help, and we had lots of fun. She also gave me some money so that I could buy some new clothes - I need business casual for Student Teach next semester, and I'm seriously lacking in that type of clothing.

On Wednesday - my actual birthday - we went to Denny's for breakfast. Earlier that week Daryn had helped out a sister from church fix her computer set-up, and she rewarded him with gift cards to Denny's and Olive Garden. :) The rest of the day went well, too, though I was sad to have to go to school. My friend made things better by baking me some cookies! Isn't that so sweet? Thanks Erin B!

1 comment:

  1. sure wish I could get in a visit with Rebekah every month! She's not going to know me anymore!

    ReplyDelete