Sunday, June 27, 2010

Jobs, housing etc

Just a little update for everyone. I got my contract from Catalina Foothills in the mail the other day. The next day I called HR for Millennium and left a message saying I wouldn't be signing their contract. I tried calling the principal, too, but the number I had for the school wouldn't even give me voice mail... just a loop between the front office and the principal's secretary. (The secretary's recorded message would finish and send me back to the front office, where I would have to dial an extension or continually listen to their list of options.... ) Anyway, I sent him an e-mail apologizing for taking up so much of his time and saying that I have family obligations that will require that I stay in Tucson. So! I just need to call CF's HR and ask them a few questions about my paperwork and then I will start work on Aug 2!

Daryn has been talking to his boss about what will happen when the project was over (it ended on Friday). Two weeks ago when Daryn and his boss talked, his boss said that Daryn would probably just go back to what he was doing before the project started. Then on Thursday Daryn talked to his boss (right after said boss got out of a meeting with the other bosses) about how there were some areas that needed to be cleaned up, but Daryn was putting that off to get all their paperwork in on time for the project and that he would go back and clean them up while he was on his old crew this next week. That's when his boss said, "Who said you were going back to that job?" Since Daryn hurt his knee, there are only 2 things he can do for work for the next month or so: get the assistant manager position, or go back to his old job. Or, of course, he could get fired. Daryn came home that day saying "I'm either getting promoted or fired," and he shaved his beard into a goatee on Friday saying that it would be good for either outcome.

SO, on Friday Daryn's boss told him that the company liked how well he did his work, and were willing to shell out some more money for Daryn's company to keep Daryn on this project for another week - mainly to touch up the paperwork and make it as perfect as possible before the company passes it to Raytheon. The week after this we are going out of town (for a week) and so we have no idea what's gonna happen! It's okay, though. we're close enough to me starting my job that if he needs to get a new one, we'll be fine. It won't be ideal, but we'll be fine. :)

That's jobs... now housing!

The apartment we really loved but it had mold in the fridge is a bust. The woman said there would be a new fridge, and last Thursday I went over there to give her our application and application fee and she took one look at the application and said "Oh no, we don't allow dogs!" We hadn't even thought to ask because our friends live there and their neighbor has a dog, but it turns out it's a service dog. :( The manager called both the property management company and the owner of the units and they all said "no way" to the dog rule. Bummer! It had such a huge perfect yard!

Also we're thinking that since we'll both be at work during the day, we should give Pebbles some more space so we think the other place we had picked out doesn't have a big enough yard. Since then, we've picked out about 5 places to look at and will investigate them this week!

Wish us luck!

1 comment: