Monday, June 21, 2010

Catching Up Part The Last!


Thursday, May 13 was my graduation ceremony. Kati and Chris made it with their kids to the ceremony, and my in-laws came down for the weekend. After the ceremony we went to Oregano's for dinner. YUM!

Rebekah enjoying her first Pizzookie!

Friday, May 14 we took Daryn's parents to the Gila Valley Temple Open House, stopped by President Kimball's boyhood home, and then went to Kartchner Caverns. (No picks of the last, sorry.)





Monday, May 17 was a HUGE party in Tucson at Brandi Fenton Park. We're did a Pot Luck, and there were 7 people who graduated and invited people to the party. There's a little splash pad and a playground there, so it was perfect for all the families with little ones. We had such an awesome turn out! :)









Tuesday, May 18 was Daryn's graduation ceremony. Daryn's parents, his grandparents, his sister Heather, and his Uncle Derek all came down, and we ate at Famous Dave's BBQ after. It was a great night.


All of the graduates were allowed a short time to speak (there were that few, since it's a satellite program). Daryn took the opportunity to advertise my availability as a HS math teacher to the superintendent of the school district I student taught in. (The super was the speaker for Daryn's ceremony.) I was very embarrassed!



Heather, Daryn and Derek

Bryan and Daryn. Bryan was in a bunch of Daryn's classes, b/c they were getting the same degree, and so they worked on a lot of projects together. He's become a great friend to Daryn, and we were happy to see him graduating, too!

That was Tuesday, and then Wednesday our friend Carrie had her baby Cerise. (like Cherise, but an S sound at the front instead of an sh sound. "sir-eese") Now Cairn has a little sister, and Bekah will get some practice being around a baby before I have another! (No, not pregnant, just saying.)

Thursday (20th) I drove up to Phx with Bekah to go to Aprilynne's book signing in Tempe. We stayed through the weekend b/c of the upcoming party, so took the time to visit with Kenny and his family. Rebekah had a lot of fun getting to play with her cousins!

Rebekah and Gideon! :)

Saturday, May 22 was our graduation party in Phoenix. I was so happy to see everyone that came - thank you! I was particularly excited that my dad managed to come down from Utah that weekend. Granted, he was working on their house here, and taking more storage up to Utah, but he managed to squeeze in some time at the party. Daryn and I had a fantastic time, and I completely forgot to use my camera - I was too busy having fun! Whoops.


The box she's sitting in is from the gift Daryn's parents gave me - a tote box on wheels for me to store my school stuff in! Very cool.



I thought Rebekah's various choices of how to relax at Nana's house were quite adorable.


Sunday, May 23 was the Gila Valley Temple dedication. It was Daryn's first time attending a Temple dedication, and we stayed in Phx so my in-laws could watch Bekah and spend time with her. We saw some people from the CG ward, and that was nice.

That night Daryn went home so he would be around for work the next day (oh BTW he's been changed to days). I stayed in Phoenix so Gary could help me with the car the next day. We got the oil changed, tinted the windows and (unexpectedly) got a new battery. I was going to go home that afternoon, but took a nap that lasted long enough that I didn't want to drive home (I don't like driving at night). So I left the next day.

Wednesday the 26th, I officially became certified to teach Mathematics at the secondary level (7-12) in the state of Arizona! Very exciting!

I did make my trip up to Utah in my friend's car. He took the U-Haul on Friday, and Saturday I drove to Vegas where I stayed the night at my cousin's house (and I got to meet her adorable little boy Jacob). I forgot to get a picture with them. :( Sunday I finished the drive to my parents house.

Monday, May 31st, my dad had the day off so we all took a trip to SLC. We took the car to Steve, and then went to Deseret Book where I got some nice books for Bekah to enjoy during Sacrament meeting. Then we went to the mall, and I found some awesome modest t-shirts at Shade. The nice thing is that they are not only modest, but good quality and the texture I like. I've found others at Target etc, but they just were never exactly what I was looking for - Shade is exactly what I like!

And that was our BUSY BUSY month of May! :) Quite Merry, too, and plenty of walking in the park! (haha) Anyway - now I'm officially caught up, because it's JUNE!

This is how I feel just telling you about how much we all did in May!

Oh - house update: they accepted the offer before I had a job offer, so we passed on the house. Maybe some other time.

Job updates to come!

2 comments:

  1. Fun updates! Looking forward to see you at the reunion soon! Can't wait to meet cute Bekah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun pictures, Elizabeth. Thanks for the updates. Can't wait to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete