Friday, May 7, 2010

SO Grateful!

This week, I was looking at either paying my tithing or paying my bills.

Yesterday I made arrangements with the daycare to hold next week's payment until after Daryn's paycheck came. They would have to hold it for a whole week, and they were reluctant to do so, but we've never been late before, so they said they would do it for me. I figured that by postponing the daycare payment until our next paycheck (which only comes on the 15th and 30th of each month... a very new concept for us - we've always had weekly or bi-weekly checks) that I could pay our full tithing, and deal with the next set of bills when they came. Perhaps instead of paying the credit card down to zero like we usually do, we could leave a little on it and wait to pay that. After all, Rebekah will only be in daycare for 2 more weeks, and that will free up a good amount of money for us. Sure, there would be some interest we usually avoid, but I REALLY wanted to make sure that we were putting Heavenly Father first.

I got online to check my account and make sure I'd done all my math right, and wouldn't have to put off paying anything else, and guess what came in today? Our Federal Tax return! But only AFTER the exercise of my faith, and the choice to pay my tithing first!

So remember - the Lord always provides a way. :)

I know I haven't been on here at all this semester, but it's student teaching, and it's crazy. My portfolio is due Monday, and after that I will be filling out applications like crazy for a week or two, and then I'll tell you about our adventures and post pictures. This summer I get to be a REAL stay at home mom! Not even a single class. I am SO excited!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah not to mention our tax refund came back at nearly 50% more than what it should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story! So glad it worked out so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete