Saturday, May 1, 2010

Catching Up Part 3!

April:
- Daryn bought a truck! He was dying waking up in the middle of his "night" to take me to work and Bekah to daycare. It's worked out very nicely. (Did I forget to mention earlier that he works 4:30 - 1:30?)
This is one of the first ponytails that I have managed to get into Bekah's hair. :) It's finally long enough! Yay!

- Spring Break!
Rebekah and I went to story time at the library with our friends Carrie and Cairn, and also to the Zoo! :)

On our way into the zoo, two women were walking out with some children, and they thought we looked adorable so they told us we really needed a picture and asked if we had a camera on us. We did! :) So they were very nice and took our picture for us.


- Phoenix trip for General Conference, and visiting with Mom Pike and the kids, since she brought them down for their Spring Break

- Easter! With an awesome celebration at Kenny's house with lots of family. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of this. Shame on me! I DO have a recording of Bekah's first Easter egg hunt on my video camera though. I will look into uploading it.

She has a talent for finding interesting places to fall asleep!


Where's Bekah?? (This is the futon she slept on for a few months.)


There she is! We played like this for probably an hour or more. :) She LOVED it!

Yay for Clearance at Babies R US! I just LOVED this dress and had to get it for her, especially after I saw that it was 70% off! (Headband and bow were things we already had.)


- Heidi's Wedding, and Daryn on the Upper Salt River with his Dad, Steve, Chris, and his old scouting friends, including Bagel.
Gary - Daryn's dad - is on the right. I'll have to ask Daryn to name other people...
Ryan is on the far right. He and Daryn have been friends for a VERY long time, and he was our best man at the wedding. I'm glad that even though he and Daryn get very busy, they still have a chance to visit every now and then.
Steve!
Chris!
Gary's in the foreground. The girl in this picture is Emily. She's the daughter of Daryn's old scout master (the one in charge of this trip). When Daryn and her dad were rafting down the Colorado River in 2005, Emily and I were traveling through Europe together as Arizona Music Ambassadors. It was a pretty cool trip! We didn't even know each other at the beginning, but Emily's family went to church with my friend Kat's family, so Kat introduced me to Emily, and then Emily and I discovered that she had known Daryn (my boyfriend at the time) for quite a while b/c of her dad and brother being involved with scouting like Daryn and his dad. :)

- A job fair for teachers. I got some very good ideas as to where I was going to apply, but not much more than that.

- an interview at a charter school. The owner was INTENSE and I will never work for her.

Home again in our favorite place to sit!

1 comment:

  1. Those ladies were right to take a picture for you! It is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete