Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 5 - Semptember 17

On Friday, Sept 4, Daryn, Rebekah and I went to the institute to have $1 lunch like we normally do, and we met someone new! It's hard to explain, but basically this girl is AMAZING. She met us because she saw Rebekah and was enthralled. She LOVES babies, and spent a good amount of time playing with Rebekah. We found out that she was an investigator, and that her baptism was the very next day! So, on a whim, we decided to show up. :)

A Special Baptism 9-5

I am SO glad that we went to her baptism. She saw us walk in the door and she just glowed. After the baptism we accompanied her and the missionaries to the grocery store were we got hot dogs and ice cream and then back to the apartment complex that she and most of the missionaries live at for a little barbeque. Yum! It was a really cool way for us to befriend a new member of the church and remind ourselves of when Daryn was baptized 3 years ago.

Since then she and I have had some great conversations. She hasn't told her family that she's been baptized, because they would disown her, and they are paying for college! (And though I know it's kind of pointless, I feel it's appropriate that I keep her identity anonymous.) I don't know how I would manage something like that! Apparently they know she attends church, but just not that she's officially a "member." In any case, she's a sweetheart - she comes from a VASTLY different background than I do, and I love learning about her 'world' and her thoughts on life.

9-7

We didn't have school b/c of Labor day, so we got together with friends. :) Carrie and I took Rebekah and Cairn to the park, and then to the mall, while Daryn, Grant and Steve played video games. Then we played a group game that afternoon. It was an awesome day!

Temple Anniversary 9-8

Two years down, and eternity to go! I am SO glad to know that my family is eternal. As happy as I was to marry Daryn, I was thrilled to go to the Temple of the Lord and be sealed for time and all eternity. It has been such a blessing to know that we'll be together forever. This is a picture from just after we got sealed in the Temple. Thanks, Kati for finding it for me! :) It means so much to have a picture to document this very special day!


So, I decided to have a big surprise ready for Daryn this anniversary. Carrie and Grant helped me pull it off. They pretended that Grant needed a ride home from school that day, and Carrie came and picked me up and took me to pick-up Daryn's favorite meal from Oregano's. I got us Chicken Caesar Salad, Cheesy Garlic Bread, Italian Flag Lasagna, and a Pizzookie. Then we went back to the house and cleaned up a little bit, and set out our good table, with a tablecloth, folded napkins and my fine china! :) Carrie left and took the diaper bag with her, and when she got home she told Daryn that he needed to stop by the store to buy some sparkling apple cider, and that he was to leave Bekah with them.

When Daryn got home, I covered all the windows, and we had a very romantic candle-light dinner. <3

Temple Trip 9-12

Daryn and I are trying to do better about going to the Temple. It's been a lot easier to have the motivation to do so, since I've started tracking Daryn's genealogy. We really l0ve knowing that we're making special connections across time, and strengthening the bonds that tie our WHOLE family together - from the past and into the future. :)

So, we went to Phoenix after my soccer game Friday night, and I'm pretty sure that Renee babysat for us - either her or Jeanette, but I think Jeanette was out of town that weekend. We went in the morning, while Rebekah was still asleep, and got to the Baptistry just after their suggested time for doing Family Names had ended, but they were happy to put us in line - so long as we understood that it might take quite a while.

I love the peace and happiness I feel when I'm at the Temple. This day was particularly enjoyable, because the Baptistery was so packed, there was a line of about 15 of us waiting on the bench by the font, so I got to see a LOT of baptisms, and I just knew that there were many more people in that room than I could physically count. After baptisms, we stayed longer and did a lot of initiatory work - Now we have a whole slew of names that are ready to receive their endowments and then be sealed together. Maybe I should talk my family into helping us out with that the next time we're in Phoenix! :)

That night Daryn and I went to see our friends Tiffany and Todd, and their son Gage. Todd and I went to school and church together when we were little, and I met Tiff in Jr. High - in fact, she kind of introduced me to Daryn! We had a nice dinner together, and enjoyed catching up. Gage is just 5 days younger than Bekah, so it was really fun to watch them play together. We didn't stay TOO long after dinner, though, because we had to drive home that night.



On Sunday we had dinner with TWO fun couples - Clay and Candice, and Tania and Lashley. I knew Clay from the church singing group Millenium that I was in a few years ago. Candice's brother is Arjay, who goes to school with Daryn, and whose daughter is a few months younger than Bekah. Tania is Clay's sister, and her daughter is a few months older than Bekah. We played Starfarers of Catan after dinner - it was a great night! :)

That Tuesday 9-15, the Young Women offered 2 hours of free babysitting at the church building, so Daryn and I dropped of Bekah, grabbed some Blizzards from Dairy Queen, and went home and watched some TV. lol. It was a great date.

These pictures are from some random days in September when the girls decided that climbing into small spaces would be lots of fun. Rebekah has gotten stuck on the chair and the shelf more than once, but it was a very short phase. :) Thank goodness - now she doesn't take ALL the toys off the shelf everyday (just most of them).
This picture is of Rebekah's best friend in the whole wide world! Cairn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment